Shades of Green - Colour Series - Scrapbook Parade

Hello Friends! It's time once again to post for the next Colour Series class for December. Shades of Green is the choice of colours and we'll be using Bazzill's Safari, Leapfrog, Patch, & Hilary greens for some of the cards. And no, we are not making Christmas cards. I thought it might be nice by that time to take a little break from things "Christmasy".

So here is a look at the 5 cards I created for this class.


You can see the various shades of green in these cards all lined up for display, here. So let's begin by looking at more of the details for each card. There are a lot of photos to check out on this post, but I hope they show you the details you want to see.

Let's begin with the card that I used touches of Bazzill's Patch green on.


 This card is loaded with flourishes, lacey dies, fussy cutting, popped up layers, Stickles, and a beautiful Fairy Cameo which I touched up with Eucalyptus Stickles on the green oval. You can't tell too well in these photos, but I did use it on the flowers and parts of the flourishes, too. The 'Fancy Flourish' die is from My Favorite Things - Die-Namics, as is the lacey 'Dizzy Border'. I also used Spellbinders 'Fleur De Lis Border' which you may see peeking out from under the white Dizzy Border.

Let's see what else you can see from the following close up photos of the same card.




I love the Lime Green Stickles I used in the three thick dots I made in the upper right corner seen here.

Let's move on to the next card. On this card I featured Bazzill's Hilary paper. The one thing I noticed when taking the photos of these cards is that I had forgotten that I had planned to score lines into the Hilary Green Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2 die cuts I had made. I thought it would add addtional interest and cotinue with the vertical lines of the coloured paper. I'll remember to make that suggestion to those taking the class and they can choose whether or not to do it.


The inspiration for this card came from a used clock that I saw in the thrift store yesterday. can you see reference to an old clock in the design? In the next shot you can see the layers on the card.


And from the other side...


It was fun weaving the velvet ribbon through the loops of the 'Fancy Tags 2' die cuts. I'll have  to remember that for future creations.

Next, the featured Bazzill paper is Leap Frog.


I dry embossed the leafy background with a Cuttlebug folder I believe is called 'Leafy Branches'. Cutting the white frame with Spellbinders 'Floral Oval' die and Standard Ovals Large, I popped it up to frame the embossed leaves. Fussy cutting the two flowers from Pink Paislee's Nantucket collection, I attached them with glue and pop dots to the lower part of the frame and added a bow as a finishing touch suggesting leaves for the flowers.

Here is a side view...


Next we have a card where I did not use a green cardstock, but rather black to go with the green patterned papers of Pink Paislee's Vintage Vogue collection and adding some pink in with the green and black beacuse of the striped paper colours.


Here is a side view of the middle layered section of the card.


On this last card, I used Bazzill's Safari green, which is a very pale 'yellowy' green.


To add colour I used BoBunny's Double Dot paper. The orange pattern had a yellow or even 'yellowy' green colour in the pattern and there for makes this colour combination work. I used the smallest die in the Grand Calibur Labels 11, and everything else is just straight cut on the paper trimmer and rounding the corners. I punched two circles to create the sentiment tag and attached it to a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memo Pin and stuck it up under the ribbon flowers I glued on.

You can see the Avocado Liquid Pearls I used on the flowers, under the sentiment, and on the right side of the top layer.

Here's a closeup, more side view...


I hope you had fun having a look at the cards to be made in the Shades of Green Colour Series class.

If you leave a comment I'll visit your blog and leave one for you too. I'm guessing many of you are getting into the thick of getting ready for Christmas. For myself, I've just rearranged, reorganized my place by switching functions in my rooms. Still have a lot of work to do to complete the new craft area, but everything else is looking good. But now I have to figure out where to put up my tree! Something I hadn't considered when rearranging everything. But I think I know where I can put it without having to move anything. I hope it works. Traditionally I put up my tree on the first, or as near to it as I can, because all that work needs to be admired for as long as possible! I'm looking forward to doing that soon. It's so close already!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I always love company...


No comments: