Christmas Comeback

After many years apart (papercrafting-wise), my friend (and former blog contributor), Stefanie, and I got together yesterday evening to make Christmas cards! As usual, Stefanie produced an astonishing number of cards in comparison to my paltry few (15 to 4, to be exact). Out of fairness to myself, I did also attach tags to some gifts, and there was a fair bit of orienting to craft tools and their location. ;)  We started crafting at about 9 p.m. and finished just before 3 a.m.!!

My first card of the evening is probably my favorite:



I tried achieving the background by inking a sheet of acetate with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink, spritzing some water, and then inking my stamp on the acetate, but the result was a bit sparse. I just inked my stamp directly and stamped right over top--problem solved.

I'll be posting the remaining cards over the next few days.

It was such a joy to be crafting with someone again. :)  The best part is that Stefanie really enjoyed getting back into card-making! She's coming back over today for more. :D


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

YAY! I look forward to seeing them all! Love the die set you used.

Terstamper said...

Love it!