Perpetual Card Calendar Class Project

Every year some of us enter names on our calendars for the new year to remind us of cards that we need to send. But, with a perpetual calendar we don't have to do that. You just flip to the next month, the next, and the next. No filling up the calendar ever again. So I thought it would be fun to create one for a class. We just had that class last night.

It turned out to be a pretty good class and we had fun working together. I did. however, forget to bring some small thing or another to bring for the class, even forgetting to put it on my list of things to bring. But it all worked out in the end (I think). An interesting thing happened during class. At the beginning of the class the task was to sand the edges of the Core'dinations cards. It was silent, well let's say there was no talking, as the class concentrated on sanding the edges of the 12 Core'dinations paper. If you weren't looking it sounded like a couple of people busily sanding walls in preparation to paint.Any way here is the calendar.


This first image is a photo taken before I changed the date sheet from this to the computer generated version in the next photo.

I used the following Cricut cartridges in the making -

          - Designer Calendar - the names of the months, shamrocks, and watermelon
          - Home Decor for August's swirl
          - Plantin Schoolbook for the apple
          - Storybook for the Poppies
          - Walk In My Garden for the layered vellum daisy

On the Cuttlebug I used Cuttlebug die for the butterfly, the hearts and the Christmas wreath. For the monogram tag Spellbinders scalloped circle and regular circle die were used.

If you want to make and design your own perpetual calendar I'd love to hear about it and even see a picture of it if you'd like to share.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

These are so cool - I love the idea. Thanks for sharing.