Mercy Challege (MTSC69) - Mothers Day Cards

In preparing for my "Mother Dear" cardmaking class coming up this Thursday, I had some scraps left over, and thought that I could still create some cards from them. They are good Mother's Day colors after all. I realized that the deadline for Mercy's sketch was near and frantically tried to meet it and so here are three versions of the same sketch using the same papers.



My favorite one is the upper right one. The one on the left is identical except that I used a bow rather than the flower cut out.


For all three cards the strip behind the oval is raised using dimensional tape; then the oval is again raised even more with dimensional tape. These two cards, above, I created after the next one included, and after making the initial one, I decided to use PTI's Mother clear stamps instead using Tsukineko Memento Sweet Plum ink going over it with the lilac Spica pen to give it sparkle (which you can't see in these photos- oh well...). The patterned paper is BoBunny Jazmyne and Jazmyne Mist, which has sparkle on it as well. The cardstock is one of the olive green by Bazzill.
This is the first one that I made.
The scrap paper pieces allowed for the purple to be more dominant in this one. I like all the layers on this card as I hope you can see with the following close up.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with this MTSC 69 sketch. Thank you for the challenge! I'm making some more for friends wanting to purchase some cards.

Tools & Supplies

Paper: Bassill cardstock - medium olive green color, BoBunny - BoBunny Jazmyne and Jazmyne Mist
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Sweet Plum, and Tsulineko Versa Magic Spanish Olive
Pen: at you Spica - Lilac
Spellbinders: Petite Ovals small and large

No comments: