Make a Wish and Birthday Wishes

Turning eight is very special, so I wanted to make a special card for this little girl (my son-in-law's niece). I had never before made a circle card and decided this was the perfect project to try making one. So this is my first circle card.
Since it was so elaborate, it would of course not fit into a flat envelope, so I modified the box I learned to make from Gina K's tutorial into a square while making it deeper. (I ended up having to use paper from my large charcoal sketch pad in order to create it since it would not fit on a 12 x 12. This turned out to be a fun project that I was well pleased with. I think that any little 8 year old girl would love this card. I loved the effect of Swiss Dotting the velum that I adhered to the pink cardstock. I combine it with some striped velum that I had laying around for a few years and cover the seam with the ribbons and buttons. Looks great!
The '8' is covered with Cool Highlight Glitter Ritz, and on the ivory ribbon I adhered the narrower pink ribbon with double sided tape.

On the back of the card, I attached a coupon with pink floss tied around the inside to back.

This card took more time than most card projects, but it was worth the effort, and was a lot of fun to make.

March 22, 2010

Less than three weeks after making this card I came across OCC Sketch Challenge and was amazed that there was a sketch of this card I had just made. So I've entered it.






April 8, 2010

My card is being featured at OCC! Check out my post here!

9 comments:

Stefanie said...

Sabrina this card is just beautiful I love it :)

Stefanie

Dawn said...

This is breathtaking Dana!

Tigriswillreign said...

It is stunning but it's my mom's! (Three people contribute to this blog.)

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so stunning! I love it. Such detail and soft colors. Fab job! Thanks for playing at OCC Sketch.

Laurel said...

Absolutely stunning card! thanks for playing at OCC.

Rose said...

oh this is BEAUTIFUL!!! perfection :) thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW, gorgeous project and card! I LOVE all of the stunning detail on your card!

Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at the OCC! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

PS Please stop by the OCC blog, we are featuring your card this week.

Eva Elliott said...

Beautiful Mom, :) I am sure she will keep this card for years.

Robyn said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!