Birthday Wishes

This is the latest addition to my PTI gallery. :)

This is the first card of a set that I'm creating specifically for a co-worker! It was inspired by Cindy Royal's card here. I'm not nearly the seamstress that she appears to be so my card is meant to look random and a little rushed. All the same, my future cards using this technique will look better!

I also finally got to try my Impressibilities! I tried to emphasize the impression a bit by inking around edges but I pressed too hard with my foam blender. Oh well. It still has a nice, softening effect. Next time I mean to do that I will just put the Impressibilities plate back over the pattern. It's meant to go along with the inking of the Fancy Tag in the middle.

I embossed the sentiment in white and it wasn't as perfect as I would like but it is acceptable to me.

This is meant to be a masculine card but it could really be an either/or card.

The interior (not shown) is stamped with "It's Your Day" from Star Prints in Terracotta Tile ink on a white paper insert.

{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified}
  • Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest
  • Patterned Paper: Dotty Biscotti (envelope liner)
  • Stamps: Daily Designs Sentiments
  • Ink: VersaMagic Cloud White Dewdrop, VersaMark
  • Ribbon: Terracotta Tile Saddle Stitch
  • Other tools: Filigree white embossing powder; Dies: A2 Envelope Liner, Spellbinders Fancy Tags; Spellbinders Impressibilities: Pebbles; sewing machine; ink blending foam

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I love this one Dana. The colours and the fact that it can be masculine, or contemporary in style and colour that a woman might enjoy as well.