Congratulations on Your New Home

A card I made for an acquaintance that I'd like to become better acquainted with! ;)


Some cards are quickies, and some take dedication. This is one of the latter. I'm not particularly fond of working with glitter, but how can papercrafters avoid it?!

I masked the house and airbrushed the blue background, keeping the Eyelet Square die (Spellbinders) in place. I'm still a newbie with the airbrushing... After Copic-ing the house (Boards & Beams stamp set), I pulled out, for the first time ever, my glue stamp pad and used it to add the icicle eaves and snow drifts (Home for the Holidays stamp set). I used a glue pen for additional roof and drifted snow.

The sentiment was stamped and embossed and then the strip inked (Vintage Photo) around the edges. I inked around the eyelet square with Antique Linen. The front panel icicles were punched (Martha Stewart) and the panel/sentiment sewn.

I adhered the whole card together before deciding to ink the card base as well... Turned out alright!

An unusual color combination for me but I like it!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate, Golden Harvest
  • Stamps: Boards & Beams, Home for the Holidays
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Antique Linen/Vintage Photo (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Die: Eyelet Square (Spellbinders)
  • Punch: Icicles (Martha Stewart)
  • Copics: Golden Harvest trio, Dark Chocolate trio, Pure Poppy trio, B00, B000, B0000, 0, W1, W3, T1
  • Other Tools: sewing machine/thread, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), clear embossing powder, Copic Airbrush System, The Essential Glue Pad (Tsukineko), glitter (Stampendous)

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Looks great Dana! Would Stickles be easier for you to use and have the same effect? The first time airbrushing looks good to me. You're really trying a lot of new things, branching out and using your incredible tools and materials.

Stefanie said...

Great card Dana

Tigriswillreign said...

Hm, Stickles wouldn't replace the icicles as perfectly but perhaps the other snow? It's not quite the same but would def be easier and less messy!
Thanks for the suggest!

Tigriswillreign said...

P.S. Stef, did you notice I used the punch you got me Christmas '09 (or was it '08)? ;)

Dana said...

Oh wow Dana! I'm impressed with your air-brushing. Neat-o! And I love the glitter...I don't use it very often, but stickles work well for me.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the icicles! I gave up on glitter and use stickles now. It's so much easier for me. ;o)

Monica K. said...

This is so beautiful, wow! Love the snow glitter on the house and the icicles border is great too. Very pretty and even though it's a winter card, the warm colors make it very warm and welcoming!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

beautiful card and i love the sparkle!