Lawnscaping Challenge: Stamped Background

Barely squeezing this one in on time! ;)

I love these types of challenges and just had to play along with Lawnscaping's stamped background challenge...

I haven't scrapbooked in ages, but I think this project is sort of a hybrid between that and card-making...


A cute little photo of my 5-year-old son, Taylor, and his friend. They posed like this on their own! They had such a fun "play date" today! This was a sort of Thank You card that I sent home with her...


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: Egg Hunt (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: My Silly Valentine, Teeny Tiny Backdrops (both Lawn Fawn)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Grommet Tags, Crown Circles, Standard Circles (all Spellbinders)
  • Copics: er... I'll get back to this
  • Other Tools: star brads (Recollections), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

Adorable! I think I have to get these two sets, I love what you've done with them here.

Lynn said...

DANA!! Stop pointing out your mistakes...I would have never noticed the mat...this is a great layout/card! Super cute picture!

Tigriswillreign said...

I can't help it! I feel that if I've acknowledged it, others won't find them and shake their heads! *sigh*
I guess I'll stop... For you, Lynn...
;)

Sabrina said...

Runs in the family I guess...pointing out mistakes. Cute picture Dana! Great idea for a card.

Laurel Beard said...

Absolutely adorable layout and your son and his friend..... Cute Cute! I am so glad you joined us at Lawnscaping this week!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh, how cool is this? And you send thank you's home for play dates?! You really are superwoman! I knew it!

Merry said...

That is so beautiful....wonderful photo and love the 'perfect pear'sentiment.

Unknown said...

Sweet!! I'm sure his playdate appreciated the memory of their time together. ;)

Marie said...

This card is so cute! Great job on using a photo on a card =) TFS!

Lynnette said...

AWWWWWW, is all I can say, this is just the sweetest thing.

farmhouse-story said...

adorable, dana!