CAS-ual Fridays Tic-Tac-Toe and Lawnscaping CAS

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge is a fun little game of Tic-Tac-Toe!


I used this challenge to FINALLY get my friend's wedding card done. It's late, but it would have been late no matter what since it has to go all the way to Japan.

I chose the middle column: gems, dies/punches and flowers. I tried to get the card to flow with the theme of her invitation.


The card base is made with the exterior sheet sent with the invitation; a beautifully textured paper. I had to reinforce the inside a bit since it was rather flimsy.

The leaves are from PTI's Turning a New Leaf die. I inked the edges a bit with Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink. The flowers are die cut from PTI's Beautiful Blooms #1. To add some interest on the white blooms, I stamped some flowers from Sending You with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder. It gives it a fun shimmery effect, which you can see better here:


For the sentiment panel, I die cut and stamped Fillable Frames #4 in Versamagic Pixie Dust ink. The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages and stamped in Memento New Sprout.

The current Lawnscaping challenge is all about CAS cards and so I'll be submitting this there as well. I love CAS challenges! Maybe I'll try again... with some Lawn Fawn stamps this time! ;)

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Spring Moss, Stamper's Select White
  • Stamps: Sending You, Fillable Frames #4, Mega Mixed Messages
  • Ink: Versamagic Pixie Dust, Memento New Sprout, Versamark (all Tsukineko), Old Paper Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Turning a New Leaf, Beautiful Blooms #1, Fillable Frames #4
  • Other Tools: clear embossing powder (Filligree)

15 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so pretty! And just perfect for a wedding card! Congrats to the happy couple!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Dana! I love the glitter and pearls!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Dana! LOVE your pretty flowers with glitter and pearls! Excellent composition here! SO glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Karen B. said...

Such beauty you've brought to these flowers and an overall gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Laurel Beard said...

So pretty and elegant! Love the glitter! Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

Sabrina said...

Love the Versa Pixie Dust! Beautiful card, Dana.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I've never seen this Versa Pixie Dust, but I'll be doing my level best to add some of that beautiful stuff to my collection! Amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of you beautiful work!!

Arlene said...

This is absolutely beautiful Dana! Love it a lot. :)

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

This card is so beautiful! TFS =)

Unknown said...

So soft & elegant! Lovely wedding card. Congrats to the happy couple! I'm sure they will love getting your card! ;D

Anonymous said...

Oooo those flowers are gorgeous! Love the soft colors you chose and the sentiment die is fab :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Simply elegant!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Jaclyn Miller said...

Beautiful, soft palette. Love that glitter on those flowers! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Fantastic card Dana, love the different sized pearls as flower centres.
Jenny x

Dana said...

This is a perfect wedding card and if you don't mind I'm going to case it!