Christmas in July Series - Part 1b - Scrapbook Parade



Hope you enjoyed yesterday's card of this set of Christmas cards. Today I'll share with you more details on this card.


Believe it or not, the ribbon you see used here was what inspired me to the design of this card. My friend and I were at Michael's and came across a bin of these very large rolls of ribbon that averaged 30 feet for only $1.00!! When I saw this sheer sparkly ribbon I knew I had to make a Christmas card using it with brown, red, and gold. This is what I saw in my head.

I didn't do anything to any of the cardstocks, leaving them as they are, except for the gold embossing. I used an old wood block sentiment stamp, heat embossing it in gold, on the brown. The cream poinsettia is three layers of cream, heat embossed with gold, as is the green layer under it, using the same poinsettia stamp. Origin of the stamp unknown.

Here's a side view to show the layers.


In some ways this is a very simple card.

Thank for checking in again today, and be sure to come by again tomorrow to see which card I will next feature.


1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

This card is my fav from the set! I love its stunning simplicity!