My Girls Visiting Summer 2011



Hello everyone! Hope you had a great weekend.
About three weeks ago I was able to attend a crop at Scrapbook Parade. My first actually. In attending I was able to create something for myself and not for a class! I so enjoyed it. I created a dbl page LO using some of the photos taken last Summer when my three daughters and their children came for a visit to Victoria.


I chose to work with a couple of  Basic Gray papers and matched up some cardstock with the colours. Using two of the floral patterned papers, I cut a frame of flowers, and with one of the pieces cut away I fussy cut as many flowers and leaves as I could to add to the frame and scatter throughout the layout.

I added a lot of Glossy Accents on the flowers and leaves here and there. Hope you can see that in the next close-ups.



For the lettering of the title, I used my Cricut to cut letters out of one of the cardstock colours.


I wanted the letters to stand out a bit more, so I used a marker around the edges of the letters and added the stitching as well.

I had a lot of fun working on this LO and remembering the fun we had when my girls, and their Dad, came for a visit. So thank you for stopping by to have a look. With Summer nearly over, there will this year's photos to do. Where does the time go?


2 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love your layout, it's so fun and the colors and the design are so fabulous.

Tigriswillreign said...

So fun, Mom! I think it hilarious, but not surprising, that this is your first "crop!"