Step Cards 2 - Double Sided Step Card

The second card of the Step Card class for March 2nd

Welcome back! This 2nd Step Card was so much fun to create. I love how the Step Cards encourage one's creativity. I made this one into an Easter card.



Can you see how the three smaller butterflies in the center are attached to clear acetate strips?  Center one is behind the middle folded section and the ones on either side of it are mounted to the front behind the Easter sentiment.

Here are some close ups.




A view from more over the top of the card, next.


As you can see I used the leafy flourish stamp on either side without re-inking to create a soft ghost-like look. The butterflies were stamped and cut out, then applying Star Dust Stickles with my finger for a little glitter. I used Platinum Pearls Liquid Pearls on the butter fly bodies and the  butterfly plaque at the bottom center.

Once again I used MFT Die-Namics Leafy Flourish on the center back piece behind the butterflies. Love that die! I promise you I don't use it on the third card I'll post for tomorrow.

Thank you again for stopping by, and come by again tomorrow for a peek at the third Step Card for this class.

ADDED March 13, 2013

There is now a tutorial on this blog, here, with step by step instructions on creating the double sided base card.

Happy Crafting and hugs!





16 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

This is above and beyond beautiful. I love how this card turned out.

Unknown said...

So pretty. I have not seen a double sided step card before. I am definitely going to try one.

Tigriswillreign said...

Absolutely beautiful, Mom!

Betty Button said...

Would you mind sharing the dimensions? If so, my email address is bettyboop9964@gmavt.net
Beautiful card.
Thanks
Betty

Unknown said...

Do you have a measurements or a template you wouldn't mine sharing for this version of the Center Step card? Thanks,Beth
Bethluvs2kraft@aol.com is my e-mail

Unknown said...

Do you have the measurements or a template you wouldn't mind sharing?
Thanks, Beth.
Please send it to my email at Bethluvs2kraft@aol.com

Elsie Haynes said...

Your card is gorgeous. Doubly happy because I have that die. I would also like the dimensions if it's not too much trouble. Thanks.
Elsie
(wishbladelsie@yahoo.com)

A Fondness For Circles said...

Hi there. I followed you. Fantastic double side step card. Would you by any chance have dimensions and instructions or a youtube vid for this one. I am new to card making and this is the most inspiring I've seen but have no idea where to begin. Thank you.
Cathy in Alberta.

Tkat said...

absolutely gorgeous card

Mary Decker said...

I've never seen a card like this before!

Vikki Jo said...

WOW! This is seriously awesome!! Oh I love the B'flies on the acetate...so clever!

J and D Pry said...

I love this card. I am going to make it for my daughters birthday in April. But I have one questions why do the score line at 8 1/2"....did I miss a step?

Sabrina said...

J and D Pry - In answer to your question- the last fold needs to be a "mountain" fold, not a "valley" fold. However, there is some give needed there for the embellishments we place at that last fold, therefore the extended cut and last scoreline. It is there for a little give. If that last scoreline is folded, it no longer serves it's purpose well enough.

I hope that answers your question J and D Pry. Thank you for asking and for your sweet comment. I hope you have fun making your daughter's card and that she will enjoy the love you put into you creation for her.

hugs,
Sabrina :)

cissylovato said...

I love these cards, they are so beautiful.. Can you let me know who makes the flourishes stamp and or die. I must have them.
thank you
cissylovato@yahoo.com

Lady Bug Stampers said...

wow just found this on pinterest and love it had to see how you did this one. LOVE the butterflies!!
Linda K.

Ann said...

Do you have the coordinates for scoring and cutting for this card! Found it on Pinterest and have recently become very intrested in making these step cards. I tried but did not have a lot of success so if you could email me the size and scoring and cutting I would definitely appreciate it.
Ann Robbins
annrobbins75@hotmail.com