Christmas Club 2013 - April Class

-This class is so much fun from month to month

It is time once again to post the Christmas cards we'll be making for the Christmas Club class in April. We have a couple of simple cards, a couple of non-traditional colours, and some more loaded with embellishment.


I had a lot of fun using the MFT Die-Namics Winter Wreath for this first card.


It's also a bonus to have that little bow to die cut if you don't want to tie a real little bow.

For this next non-traditional colour card I used a stamp that I heat embossed with white and then cut out.

I then adhered it to red and cut around the tree shape I had cut from the blue to give it a narrow red border. With Star Dust Stickles I coloured over the white embossing to give it some Christmas glitter.

Next up, and a little more traditional, I used some lovely Jolee's Boutique dimensional Poinsettia stickers and one of my favorite type of ribbons - Crepe ribbon.


I used an old Tim Holtz Christmas stamp with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink and an old Spellbinders square die.

For another and more dramatic non-traditional colour for a Christmas card I have this one to show you.


This one has a few more techniques involved in it's creation. The application of the apricot or paprika coloured glitter in three different ways, is a lot of fun. The MFT Die-namics Decorative Circle Tag STAX is used here to create the three ornaments. And again I used my favorite Crepe ribbon in brown this time. Spellbinders Labels Eight is used to create the frame.

Here you can see that I left the ornaments hanging without attaching them. It makes the card more fun when something moves on it.


The final card is very easy to put together.


You can't tell in from the photo that I applied Glossy Accents onto the two large Poinsettias, and all of the Holly Berries on the paper. I want to focus on the beautiful paper for this card so that is why I kept it simple and worked and accenting parts of it. it look much more beautiful in real life. The side chevron pattern yous see is a strip of washi tape with the Poinsettia paper matted on green popped up on the front of the card.

Well that's it for this class. Hope that you are inspired to get ahead with your Christmas card making? Thank you for stopping by, and happy papercrafting!






No comments: