PTI Make It Monday, CASE Study and Freshly Made Sketches

Betsy Veldman has the most fabulous tutorial at this week's Make It Monday! Unfortunately, I didn't select the best stamp image to reproduce it. My inking doesn't show! I'll try this technique again.  ;)


I selected my colors from this week's CASE Study and used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.

As mentioned, my attempt at Betsy's vellum inking technique fell short due to the image I chose but I swear there's Orange Zest ink on there!  :)

I did a bit of inking on the wooden brad as well as around the Kraft cardstock.

Thanks for peeking!



{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Kraft, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, Vellum
  • Stamps: Embellishments, Harvest Berries, Lattice (Hero Arts/Studio Calico)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Dark Chocolate, (Orange Zest), Walnut StainTim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Heart border, Harvest Berries
  • Other Tools: white embossing powder (Filigree), Opaque White Mister Huey Mist (Studio Calico), seam binding, Rustic Jute twine, wooden brad (?), Uniball white gel pen (Signo)

15 comments:

Martha said...

WOW, this is simply BEAUTIFUL, Dana!
I love it!

Nancy Penir said...

I love this image with it's striking white against the yellow. I'll bet the orange zest is just subtle enough. Often times the camera doesn't pick up what the eye sees in real life. Your layout's a winner too!

Amy O said...

Just beautiful! Love the beautiful colors, the faux stitching and the splatters. Oh, I love it all! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

tonyamaries said...

Stunning! I love the colors, it really pops! Great job!

Debbie Gaydos said...

It looks beautiful! Great job with the technique, and I love the layout!

Birgit said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous and I love the color palette you used.

Charlene B. said...

So pretty! I think your card came out fabulous!

Katherine said...

Great card! I love it!!

Vickie Z said...

Looks gorgeous!! Love how you used the sketch and colors!!

Sabrina said...

I'm finally getting around to making my comment! An amazing card Dana!! Love the balance of the colours and how the drops of white turned out on this card.The velum flowers look beautiful and are a perfect touch for this card. :) hugs

Nicole Parmentier said...

This is gorgeous!! The colors are striking and I love the white splatters, beautiful!!!

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty! I love the ink splatters and this great flower. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Tasnim said...

This card is gorgeous; very well designed and well balanced! Love it!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Great job! And I love the design of your blog!!

Darnell said...

Dana, this is a fabulous work of art, so perfect for both challenges! Congratulations on the shout out from FMS!!