Attempt At A Wedding Card Turned Into A Birthday Card



Have you ever made a card that did not turn out how you expected it would? That is what happened with this card. Not that it was something to throw away, but it was not what I wanted for this wedding card.

After showing the card, I will list what I felt was wrong with the card.

First of all, I was excited to use the new Spellbinder Special Moments Die Set (S5-378). It might be a die set we will use at the studio for a future class. Anyway, I thought it would be ideal for a wedding card and this was a perfect time to play and experiment with the set.

It turned out to be too bright and look more like the colours for a little girl, rather than a weeding card. My first thought was that I should have made it all in white, or maybe not put on all that sparkle.... So though it may not be wedding-like in looks, it certainly would be a good birthday card for a little girl.


I do not know if you can tell in the photo, but there are two layers to the whit oval screen, and three for the floral flourish base.

Everything was coloured with Distress Oxide except for the bird.


Seen from another angle...


And a third angle...


It will be fun to see this die set used in different colour combinations and in different ways. I will be sure to post some of the experiments, and class sample posting if we end up using the die for a class.

How would you use this die set?

Happy creating!








No comments: