March Monochromatic

 - Easter's early this year. Does that mean we'll have an early Spring, I wonder?

With Easter being in March this year, I thought it would be fun to make Easter cards in our March Monochromatic card class. Well, three of the four are. The other is a thank you card. So the colours chosen for this monochromatic class are of course spring colours!


Pretty colours, right? Let's have a closer look at them, shall we. We'll start, first, with the non-Easter card, the yellow "Thank You" card.


I used two different sized doilies under the fan folded medallion/rosette. For the first time, I used Memory Box's Dies-Script "Thanks". The punch is Martha Stewart's Floral Vine Deep Edge Punch.

Here are some detail close ups.

  

OK. So now come the three Easter Cards. The light green one is one that made me think of my grandchildren as I made it. Not that an adult wouldn't enjoy it...I would.


I just think the bunnies are so sweet. I hesitated using the designer paper as the the little flowers had blue in them, and I added the pink on the bunny feet, ears, nose and cheeks. But I think the overall colour is still a nice spring green.


Next lets look the CAS pink card.


This white and pink is beautiful and would do well for any occasion, such as birthday, wedding, baby girl, etc. I seldom use 'bling', but in this case, I think it works rather well. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities labels three and twenty-three.


 And for last, the spring blue.



 I had an interesting experience in the embellishing of this card. I wanted to use some of the 1/4" organza ribbon that the store recently stocked up on in a variety of beautiful colors, and tried several ideas, not one of them quite right, and my last effort ending up ruining the 3 yards of ribbon I had, without any left to try again. So I decided that was a sign that the card needed no further embellishing and left it as it was. what a waste of an hour and a half!

I used Martha Stewarts Embroidery Deep Edge punch and Fiskar's Apron Lace border punch, along with Spellbinders Classic Ovals (small & large). I stamped with Flourishes Lace Edges and heat embossed them, followed by fussy cutting them and pacing one at the top and one at the bottom of the sentiment oval with a large half pearl. The background was dry embossed using Spelbinders M-Bossabilities embossing folder Splendid and then used White Opal Liquid Pearls in the center of each daisy as well as along the blue strip over the lace borders.



 Well, thank you so much for stopping by. Hope you found some inspiration here and are thinking Spring now.

Oh, I've meaning to mention for some time that I'm so excited to have the privilege of working with a new teacher that has joined us at Scrapbook Parade. Julie Dinn, a very talented designer for My Favorite Things, will be teaching some classes, and I really look forward to getting to know her better and working with her. I'm so excited! I think I already said that, lol. Here's the link to Julie's blog.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments. We both, that's Dana and I, love to read your thoughtful words and encouragement. Happy crafting!





 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These cards are absolutely gorgeous! TFS!