Versatile Kraft - Colour Series

-Kraft cardstock goes with so many colours. No time in one class to do it all though.

Kraft is a fun colour to work with because it is so versatile in the fact that it goes well with so many different colours. So I chose to work with Kraft in this next Colour Series class for March.


I'm trying hard to design cards that are more mailable than I usually make. I like both the A2 and A7 sized cards, but for writing a little more than a greeting, I like to use A7, as these all are.

Lets begin by having a closer look at the butterfly card.


I stamped the background stamp using VersaMark matting it onto Kraft, adding the Kraft Martha Stewart punched butterflies with diemensionals. I couldn't resist adding the aqua jewel on the butterfly centers. Then the birthday sentiment banner was also added using dimensionls.

I love how the soft Aqua colour works with the Kraft.

Next, let's examine the more masculine HB2U card.


After completing this card I began to question whether the doodle frame was a good idea. But, those taking the class will not have to use it if they prefer not to. I chose to use brown with Kraft for this card, which basically is a Cricut card since the tree (Heritage cartridge) and letters (Learning Curve cartridge) are all cut using the Cricut.
Once I chose where I would place the tree, Tea Dye and Peeled Paint ink pads were used to create a background using an ink blending tool. Then I did the same to the Kraft tree to give it a bit of colour and popped it up with dimensionals. Both the banner and letters are popped up as well.

I think this next one is my favorite of the bunch.


Since I still don't have any markers of any kind, my choices of how to colour in a stamp are either using water colour pencils, coloured pencils, or my ink pads. Being stamped on Kraft I decided to go with the ink pads and coloring nibs/sticks and wanted to choose a more unlikely colour companion in a lighter purple colour.

For the sentiment, I knew the 'y' would go off the strip, so I stamped the sentiment twice. Once under the strip, and once on the strip. After matting the sentiment I placed so that the 'y' would connect where it was cut off.

For the fourth card -


I chose red to partner up with the Kraft. This is always a great colour combination. Wanting to try something different for class, paper inlay was the choice for this card. I used My Favorite Things Die-Namics Large Fancy Flourish and die cut the flourish out of the Kraft and one out of red. Then taking the Kraft one out, I replaced it with the red one. What I like about using this technique is that you always end up with two cards. The rosette is created by cutting the solid center out of a doily and using the pattern of the doily to guide in fan folding it all the way around. Then pushing the doily toward the center on some glue to create a ruffled doily rosette. The square red brad I cut the prongs off of and put a foam dimensional backing on it and attached it to the center. The last thing I did was to attach the red jewels/bling to the card.

And for the last card,


a dark blue or navy was my choice to use with the Kraft. And even though I used a doily on the card, I think it would pass for both a feminine or masculine card. The background Kraft is dry embossed using a dotted folder and then a white pigment ink pad to ink the raised surfaces of the dots. The blue frame around the sentiment circle is created by die cutting two Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Three, and tucking and overlapping them to create an entirely different shape. Both the frame and the sentiment circle are popped up with diamensionals, as is the matted dotted background piece.

So that's it for these five cards. Thank you for stopping by to have a look, and I hope you are inspired to create something new for yourself. Happy crafting!






No comments: