Colouring Christmas Cards Using Kaisercraft's Poinsettia Stamp & Die Set


Hello everyone!

Another Christmas card class to share with you. This one is a little different in the fact that all the images will be stamped and die cut ready to colour in class. Everyone can bring their favourite colour medium! Pencil crayons, watercolour pencils, alcohol markers, and even watercolour paints! I look forward to seeing them all when they are done.


Christmas Stamp Colouring Cards

WHEN: Wednesday, October 10th
TIME: 6:00 - 8:30pm
COST: $32 + GST

Contact Stacey at sbebc2011@gmail.com  or  778-533-4290 to reserve your spot

Christmas cards for those that love to colour! Any form of colouring you wish - alcohol markers, pencil crayons, watercolour pencils, or watercolouring paints! You choose, and let Stacey know when you sign up so that we can have the appropriate paper ready for you in class.
All the cutting, stamping, & die cutting will be done for you, except for the sentiments. You can choose from the stamp set available, or bring your own Christmas sentiments to stamp. (Will need to bring stamping blocks and ink pad if you choose to bring your own sentiment stamps).

PLEASE BRING TO CLASS: Choice of colouring tools in like colours (alcohol markers, pencil crayons, watercolour pencils, or watercolouring paints and everything to go with this medium), scissors, doubles sided adhesive tape, liquid glue, mini-glue dots, craft mat, ruler.

Optional: NUVO Crystal Drops in Simply White & Autumn Red (or like drops in white & red). I will have sentiment stamps and a black ink pad, as well as Nuvo drops there if needed.


This is the Kaisercraft "Poinsettia" stamp & die set that we are using for these cards.



First of all, I mentioned that if you take the class you can use any colouring media you like, but I decided to use pencil crayons, since I sold my alcohol markers a few years ago and never had the chance to replace them yet.

Let's have a closer look at each card. To start off with, I took an 8 1/2 x 11 shhet of cardstock and stamped it full. I coloured and die cut, and then designed the layouts for the crds by playing around with the pieces.

Card #1

I created a wreath over the top of an oval frame, and you will see a blank sentiment strip. The stamp set I need to use here, I have loaned out. What I have available does not fit in the banner. SO I will wait until I get the stamp set back.


You can see here that I also added NUVO Crystal Drops in 'Simply White' & 'Autumn Red'. It adds a lovely Christmasy look to the wreath/card.


From the side, you see the layering on this card.


Card #2

The background on this card is debossed using Spellbinders 'Circle & Diamonds' folder. NUVO 'Simply White' Crystal Drops are used and an oval double layered frame over a stamped oval is on the card.


You can see that better, close up, here.


The side view shows the layering of the car a bit better.


Card #3

For this card, I used the same embossing folder as in the previous card, but used the embossed side, also adding the NUVO 'Simply White' Crystal Drops. Spellbinders Square dies to create the square frames, are doubled for thickness and strength.


You can see the drops a little closer here in the next photo. Also the arrangement of the die cut coloured pieces.


In this side view below, you can see how everything is layered.


Card #4

For this card I decided to use as a landscape so I could create a long border with my die cut pieces.


A slightly closer look at the colouring and white drops. Love the look of the white drops. Don't you?


Hopefully you can see the layering in the next side view photo.


Card #5

The last card, has a long border-like look too. It runs the height this time. The red strip is popped up and the die cut holly is attached to it.


Again, the white drops add a snow-like drop texture along the narrow side section of the card.


...And, the side view shows the layering.


I loved creating these cards, and hope everyone in class will enjoy making these cars as well.

For those that do not live here, I hope you are inspired for the Christmas cards you will be making yourself. I love this Kaisercraft set, and encourage you to add this to your Christmas collection. Stamp & die sets, I think, give many more options to your creativity.

Happy colouring!






No comments: