You Are In My Thoughts #2 - Altenew Wildflower Garden


Welcome back for a look at the second card I recently created with Altenew's 'Wildflower Garden' stamp set.

I stamped unusual colours for the leaves - a light purple and bright lime green. I also wanted to use two colours of ink pads on the blooms. I did that by using my Memento Drops ink pads to use the point of the drop at the center of the flowers after inking the stamp with the lighter colour first.


You can see the effect of that way of stamping better in the next photo. You can also see that I popped up the the stamped piece and not the piece I die cut out with the sentiment on it. Usually people do it the other way around, but I wanted to do it this way again since I had not done it for a while.

Also, what you see is the splattering of inker refill mixed with water and splattered around. Note that I stamped the sentiment twice, off setting it as you can see.


Also note the NUVO Jewel Drops in Periwinkle. I was hoping the pink/purple hue would show a bit more on the card, but I guess rather than jewels it looks a little more like rain drops.


Here in the side view you can see that I popped up the main piece rather than the sentiment piece.


Yesterday I posted the stamp set, but thought in case someone did not check in yesterday, I would show it again. It's a real nice set to have.


Hope there was something new for you today to try, or at least something you haven't done in a while and are inspired to try again.

Happy stamping!






No comments: