Belated PTI Blog Hop

I'm a week late but I had planned a card for the last PTI blog hop that I didn't get made up in time.


I wasn't very comfortable with the color palette. I went back and forth with what colors were going to go where. Not completely happy with the result but it's rare that I don't post my flubs. ;) Papercrafting is a learning experience for me!

I die cut the Sending You frame out of Harvest Gold cardstock and then stamped the white card base with Background Basics: Woodgrain (Summer Sunrise ink) and Background Basics: Text Style II (Melon Berry ink). I die cut Turning a New Leaf out of Simply Chartreuse cardstock and the rolled flowers out of Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper. The sentiment, from Botanical Silhouettes, was stamped with Berry Sorbet ink.

I tried my hand at white gel pen faux stitched borders. While I'm not that good at it, it did improve the card.

Thanks for peeking!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select White
  • Patterned Paper: Bitty Dot Basics
  • Stamps: Background Basics: Woodgrain and Text Style II, Botanical Silhouettes
  • Ink: Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet
  • Dies: Turning a New Leaf, Sending You frame, rolled flower (My Favorite Things)
  • Other Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), white gel pen (Inkssentials), ________ twine (The Twinery), clear Spica (Copic), pearls (dollar store)

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Love that arched die! Such a light and airy feeling. Beautiful card Dana!! Love it.

Lynn said...

Stunning! I love the text background and the gorgeous rolled flowers. It was worth the wait :)

Karen B. said...

So beautiful and soft!