July Bullet Journal Set Up


Hello everyone!

I will be at a family reunion in a week from now, when I would normally post the next month's set up in my bullet journal. For that reason I had to set up the month of July earlier so that I would have a bullet journal to use during those first 10 days of July. I did some different things in setting up the month of July, not so much the layouts, but what I used to create the July theme.

July 1st is Canada Day, and I chose that as my July theme. I used a stamp set I have had for a few years and finally used for the first time, and for those of you that are scrapbookers and card makers will see that I also used a couple of Spellbinders dies to create paper die cut stickers. I used a 5" x7" card envelope in a beautiful red to cut into 3/16" strips to use for some of my red lines and borders. I did not want red marker to be seen through the paper and wanted them to look straight, and for that reason chose to do this. It worked pretty well. I must, however, apologize for the slight blurriness of the photos in today's post. I am not sure what transpired to make them so. I believe it happened in the editing of the photos. But, I believe you can still see everything well enough.

So as you can see in the photo below, the left page is all stamped onto a piece of paper. I did this so that the stamping would not show through the paper to the other side. It works well. I even found an older silver metallic ink ad to use for the fireworks. I was actually surprised that the ink still worked well and had not dried out. I then took my metallic silver gel pen and traced around the edge of the paper I stamped on to create a silver border.


On the right page, above, I stamped the Mounted Police and coloured it with markers, cut it out and attached. The banner/sign is a layered die cut, and the maple leaf as well. I used the silver pen to draw in the veins of the leaves. I love the extra wide washi tape with the watercolour scenes that go so well with the theme. In the western part of Canada, this could so easily be what you would see.

I decided to see if I could give a better look of the silver inked fireworks in this next close up.


And next, a closer look at the right page showing you the glitter washi tape, the red paper strip, the narrow lines and dot washi, and the wide scenery washi.


Next in my bullet journal comes the 'month at a glance' or monthly calendar set up.


Here is a closer look at the July lettering. Hopefully you can see the silver metallic outline of the letters.


The next spread is my monthly 'brain dump'. For the month of June, I did not fill my brain dump pages as much as I normally do, but it is still nice to have that space.

Here, I have made a silver line border with maple leaf corners, and used that wide scenery washi tape framed in with faux stitching and silver lined border.


Wanting to keep track of cards created for classes and card making kits, I like to include a space to put in a photo, name and date of the project or class, and list of things I need to for the launch of the kit or class to mark completed when done.


Next comes my monthly finance tracker. As you can see, I added a family reunion spending section for this month.


The next photo is my monthly habit tracker. However, as you can see it is incomplete. I still need to complete numbering the days in the boxes and add the list of things I will be tracking. But, I needed to get this posted as I am getting busy preparing and packing things for the reunion over the next few days. Who would have thought there was so much to prepare to take with you when you are in charge of organizing the reunion! You do get the idea of the layout despite the lack of it's incompleteness, however. You can also see that it is a little different from June's habit tracker seen in this post.


Well, that is it for the July monthly set up. The next post will be for the first week set up. It will be different, however, in the fact that I will be setting up for the 10 days of the reunion, rather than the usual weekly spread.

I would love to hear what you have to say about my July set up, or any questions you may have that you would like me to answer for you. If you have a bullet journal, I would love to hear if you have chosen a theme for July.

Happy creating everyone!







No comments: