ATC Glimmer Challenge 2 Inspiration: Dana

See the ATC Glimmer Challenge 2 post here for more info!


I think it's sort of funny that you can see my arm reflected in the card! ;)

As I indicated in the Challenge post, my card is a literal take on the photo inspiration. The following supplies that I used are the first I've ever used them: Raspberry Fizz felt, New Leaf Swiss Dot ribbon, New Leaf Bitty Dot ribbon, Spellbinders Labels 10, Clear Cardstock.

I created the butterfly by adhering several strips of ribbon. I hid the ends with the felt "body" which I stitched on using my sewing machine. The "head" is a Raspberry Fizz button with two bits of embroidery floss knotted for eyes and flipped up the top as antennae. The background was run through my Xyron and then "sugared" with Martha Stewart Crystal glitter.


The interior is the same shape as the front (obviously) to hide it's existence.


I used PTI's Bitty Dot patterned paper in New Leaf to add a bit of continuity to the inside of the card. The back of the card (not pictured) is the same.

I've played with transparency before but never used Clear cardstock and it was kind of fun!

You'll notice that there is no sentiment on this card... It can be used for anything, though probably most appropriate for a young girl.

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Clear
  • Patterned Paper: Bitty Dot (New Leaf)
  • Ribbon: New Leaf Swiss Dot, New Leaf Bitty Dot
  • Button: Raspberry Fizz
  • Felt: Raspberry Fizz
  • Other Tools: Spellbinders Label 10 die (largest), sewing machine, embroidery thread, Xyron, Martha Stewart glitter (Crystal)

1 comment:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Hi Dana! We are on the Stamping Vacation DT together and just wanted to stop and say hello! This is one cool project too!

Take care!
-Stacie