A Little Something For the Men

In preparing stock for the Calgary Market Card Sale we had, I realized that I mustn't forget to make a few cards that could easily be given to men. So this posting will feature the designs for masculine cards created.

This first set of four cards are based on the same paper and 6" square sized card with variations. I made a total of eight of these.


The cut out and popped up flourish you see in the next four cards is from  s.e.i's Bridgeport clear stamps. The first two I prefer over the last two you see here. After making a couple cards by popping the flourish up, I just felt that the flourish wasn't quite right. I then took my favorite VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink and ink distressed it. I'm much happier with the look of the flourish now, and you see it here on the first two cards. It reminds me of some of the hand carved flourishes found on antique handcrafted furniture, and very befitting a man - don't you think?





I hand cut 10 of these flourishes. It took a little time, but to me it was worth it; especially once I ink distressed them.


This next set of masculine cards is also all the same sized card, A2s, and using the same paper on each, all with variations in layout and two sentiments.





This next A7 card is made with scraps, and purchased embellishments that have been sitting in my bins for quite a while.You will note there is also a handcrafted envelope (Which I have done for most of the cards made for the Craft Fair Sale). It is a good way to use up all the paper from non-cardstock paper from the large pads of paper one buys.


This next card I thought could be either a masculine or feminine card, but opted to go with masculine. I created it using scraps left over from a class I taught at Scrapbookers Paradise. I used a gold gel pen to create a sophisticated look with a border around the edge of the card. With gold Liquid Pearls I embellished the corners on the green cardstock.


These next two cards are again made using scraps leftover from a class I taught. And, since the flourish stamp is new, and I like it, I used it again. I may have gone a little overboard with the brads, but I wanted to create a masculine feel to the cards.











So these are some of the masculine cards I made for the Calgary Market Fair.



No comments: