Stamping Vacation DT: What a Guy Challenge

As I announced in this post, I am a member of the Stamping Vacation blog Design Team. SV (as I shall refer to it) has a daily challenge that cycles on a monthly basis. My first assignment is the What a Guy Challenge, where anything that represents SPEED must be present on the card.

Remember, if you decide to follow the blog, please throw my name in a comment as a referral!

I have to admit, this assignment was quite challenging for me (go figure). As I said to Denise, I've never really thought in terms of "action" before, at least, not in papercrafting. At any rate, I went with a sort of baby boy or little boy theme:


The chipboard car was colored using Glimmer Mist, the detail on the body added with a silver gel pen and a tiny stamp (from Papertrey Ink's Fly Away) with silver ink (the detail on the flame is orange Spica). The tires were embellished with silver gromlets and my Big Bite.

The hill is done with Core'dinations cardstock that I rounded at the top with my Corner Chomper (1/2 inch radius) and then ripped downwards and stitched around the edges.

The clouds are done with PTI's Linen Vellum as well as their cloud dies. You may also see a faint cloud stamped beneath the smaller vellum cloud, which is from the Up, Up & Away stamp set. The sun was punched out of their Harvest Gold cardstock and stamped with Summer Sunrise ink (same set as the clouds).

The trees and bushes are from WPlus9 Design Studio's Funky Foliage and done using Versamark ink to give them a "background" type appearance.

The sentiment is from Baby Button Bits and the card base is PTI's Spring Rain cardstock.

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Spring Rain, Harvest Gold, green is from Core'dinations So Mod! collection
  • Other Papers: Linen Vellum, chipboard is from fancy pants designs Snips & Snails Big Board Chipboard
  • Stamps: Fly Away; Up, Up & Away, Funky Foliage (WPlus9 Design Studio)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko); sun - Summer Sunrise; car star - Starlite Silver (Brilliance Dewdrop - Tsukineko); sentiment - Lightning Black (Brilliance Dewdrop - Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Cloud 1 and 2
  • Other Tools: 3/4" circle punch (Marvy Uchida); sewing machine/white thread; Glimmer Mist: Raven, Golden Terracotta, Brick; Crop-o-dile Big Bite and silver gromlets (We R Memory Keepers), silver gel pen, Orange Spica

2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Dana love how you have worked with the theme of the challenge that image is brilliant will bring a smile to some little boy's face.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Karen McAlpine said...

Dana, this is so cute. I love that sentiment with this card...so appropriate! the velum clouds are fab.