Card Frenzy IV

Yup...here is one more card creation for the August sale. I thought I'd throw in a couple of Christmas cards at the sale to get a feel for future Christmas card creations. Now this one is a little elaborate with a fusion of pastel colors (instead of the traditional) and an Eastern European traditional flair.

Basically the card is created from a creamy cardstock with touches of pastel colors. A little unusual for a Christmas card.  The soft pink paper you see peeking out from behind, I hand stamped the entire 12 x 12 sheet with a wood stamp from Hero Arts - Old Letter Writing and Versa Color 55 Umber ink. The green - an entire sheet using VersaMark Dazzle and Inkadinkado's Snowflake wood stamp.


The inspiration for this card came from Karola Witczak's creations on her blog. She is absolutely talented! Checkout her blog here. As you can see, I used a lot of Sparkly snowflakes cut out on the Cricut using the Winter Woodland cartridge; and lots of Liquid Pearls; Stars cut using the Spellbinders Stars Nestabilities. 


 The ornament was cut using Cuttlebug's For You die and heat embossed with gold using Kaisercraft's Gypsy Sisters Collection. And the evergreen branches cut with Martha Stewart's punch.


All the edges are ink distressed using Versa Color 55 Umber.


Your comments on this one is appreciated - Do I make more like this one? Is it a little too elaborate? Certainly one would not be able to mail this in a regular envelope because of that. What would you change? I'd love to hear.

There will be more Card Frenzy postings, but they will have to wait until I have use of the camera again. In the mean time, I'm still in my creating frenzy. I might make some things other than cards! So keep on the lookout.

No comments: