Something New?

I don't know.... I just asked myself "what if I.... and it worked! Perhaps it has been done before, but it's certainly new for me.

Did you know that you could heat emboss on ribbon?

While creating a sample for one of my upcoming classes in the next couple of months, I was trying to come up with some new things that I could do with the ribbon. (Sorry, but the card can't be posted until after the class has been completed) I came up with two thoughts. 1) to tie a knot on either end of the ribbon, close to the outer sides of the card and then adhere it on the front mat piece before wrapping the ends around. You'll have to wait to see it once the card is posted in he next couple of months. I really wish I could show it to you now! -2) Stamp with Versa Mark onto the ribbon, and then heat emboss with gold. It worked! Very well too!. Here is the test piece I made.


Just imagine all the possibilities!!!

Well,  I just wanted to pass on to you my new discovery. If it is a new concept for you too, give it a go, and let me know how it turned out for you.

1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

You're so cute, mom... ;)